Analysis of advantages and disadvantages of 3D Printer technology
I believe that many small partners are interested in the advantages and disadvantages of 3D Printer technology and the analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of 3D Printer technology. So Xiaoso also collected some information related to the advantages and disadvantages of 3D Printer technology and analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of 3D Printer technology on the Internet today. Share it with everyone, I hope it can help everyone.
Advantages of 3D Printer technology:
1. Save materials. There is no need to remove leftovers, which improves the utilization rate of materials and reduces the cost by abandoning the production line;
2. It can achieve high precision and high complexity, and can produce very complex parts that cannot be produced by traditional methods;
3. No need for traditional tools, fixtures, machine tools or any molds, you can directly generate physical products from 3D CAD graphics of any shape on the computer;
4. It can automatically, quickly, directly and accurately convert the three-dimensional design in the computer into a physical model, and even directly manufacture parts or molds, thereby effectively shortening the product development cycle;
5. 3D Printer does not need a centralized and fixed manufacturing workshop, and has the characteristics of distributed production;
6. 3D Printer can take shape in hours, it allows designers and developers to achieve the leap from floor plan to solid;
7. It can print assembled products, thus reducing assembly costs and even challenging mass production methods.
Disadvantages of 3D Printer technology:
1. The weakness of high cost and long working hours: 3D Printer is still a relatively expensive technology. Due to the difficulty of research and development of materials for additive manufacturing and the small amount of use, the manufacturing cost of 3D Printer is relatively high, and the manufacturing efficiency is not high. At present, 3D Printer technology is mainly used in the research and development of new products in my country, and the manufacturing cost is high, the manufacturing efficiency is low, and the manufacturing accuracy is still unsatisfactory. 3D Printer cannot currently replace traditional manufacturing. In the future development of manufacturing industry, “subtractive manufacturing method is still the mainstream”.
2. There is no advantage in large-scale production: Since 3D Printer technology has the advantages of distributed production, on the contrary, it does not have advantages in large-scale production.At present, 3D Printer technology does not yet have the conditions to replace the traditional manufacturing industry, in terms of high volume, large-scale manufacturing, such as efficient, low-cost traditional subtractive manufacturing method is better. Now it seems that want to use 3D Printer as a production method to replace mass production is unlikely. Not to mention that 3D Printer technology does not yet have the direct production of complex mixed-material products like cars, even if the technology has made great progress in the future, completely print a car will only take months, in the cost is much higher than the cost of mass production of cars when evenly spread to each car. Therefore, for the production of products with large rigid demand, mass production with economies of scale is still more economical than the 3D Printer production method that focuses on “personalization and customization”.
3. Printing materials are limited: The limitations and bottlenecks of 3D Printer technology are mainly reflected in materials. At present, the printing materials are mainly plastics, resins, gypsum, ceramics, sand and metals, etc., and the materials that can be used for 3D Printer are very limited. Although many homogeneous and heterogeneous materials for 3D printers have been developed, there is still a need to develop new materials, some of which are under development. This requirement includes two levels. One is not only to conduct in-depth research on the material-process-structure-property relationship that has been applied to clarify its advantages and limitations; the other is to develop new testing processes and methods to expand the available range of materials.
4. Accuracy and quality issues: Tianjin Tianyi Duowei Technology Co., Ltd. technically speaking, due to the inherent molding principle and development of 3D Printer technology is not perfect, the accuracy of its printed parts (including dimensional accuracy, shape accuracy and surface roughness), Most of the physical properties (such as strength, stiffness, fatigue resistance, etc.) and chemical properties cannot meet the actual use requirements of engineering, and cannot be used as functional parts, but can only be used as prototype parts, so their application will be greatly reduced. Moreover, since the 3D Printer adopts the additive manufacturing process of “layered manufacturing, layer-by-layer superposition”, no matter how close the combination of layers is, it cannot be compared with the parts cast as a whole by traditional molds, and the microscopic material of the parts Organization and structure determine the performance of parts.